Tap Tower Upgrade?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waunabeer

Reaction score
This may be a dump question, but can you take a single faucet tap tower and add more faucets to them by simply drilling more holes and running lines? I am looking at a beer cooler with (2) single faucet towers and would like to upgrade it to (2) two faucet towers without having to purchase new towers.

Seems obvious, but I'd just buy one - 2 tap tower, then buy another one down the road. Would save a lot of time and effort later, and you wouldn't have to worry about space or cooling issues. But I'm sure you have your reasons. I'd just look and make sure that there's enough room for an extra hose and faucet, or at least check the difference in dimensions.

They appear to be the same size as a two or three faucet tower, but just have one faucet centered as opposed to multiple outlets. I could be wrong; does anyone out there with experience with both know if the dimensions are the same or similar?

Some single tap towers have room for an extra tap, some do not. If you are buying now, why not get what you want? In my case, I found a great deal on a kegerator with a single tap tower (for sanke kegs), and bought a two tap tower with Perlicks and the gear to convert it to corny kegs.

P.S. The single tap tower it came with could not accommodate an additional faucet. If it had, I would have drilled it.

my tap tower was a 3" single tap tower, I rotated it 45° and drilled another hole to put another tap on it, so I now have a two tap setup that took all of 15 minutes to complete the whole project, I used a unibit to drill the hole, and simply had to make new holes in the bar top to screw the tower down in its new rotated position.

Finished product, I think I will be adding a third tap in the center, down an inch or so.

misc_033.jpg

my tap tower was a 3" single tap tower, I rotated it 45° and drilled another hole to put another tap on it, so I now have a two tap setup that took all of 15 minutes to complete the whole project, I used a unibit to drill the hole, and simply had to make new holes in the bat top to screw the tower down in its new rotated position.

That's what I'm talking about. I thought it could be done, but wanted to be sure. Thanks for the information.

The reason I was asking is that I have my eye on a beer cooler that has two single tap towers and I would like to add at least two more faucets (one on each tower), without spending another hundy or so.

My standard was a 2.5 inch tower with single tap. I rotated it 45 degrees and added another tap no problem. It is about 1 inch below the orginal tap, but still plenty of room to fit my tall glasses under. Took about 15 mins. to make the new hole and mount the new faucet. In my opinion better then spending another $100 for the larger diameter tower.

Back