Tap handle suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celticinnbrewery

Reaction score
So I have finally become the proud owner of a two tap homemade kegerator. I would love to "upgrade" the tap handles, and want to get something unique. Ive been on amazon and couldn't find much I liked. Any suggestions of places to look?

Thanks all!
~ CIB

I often look at at things and wonder if it would make a good tap handle. Chair legs make good ones I've seen. I find old toys work well too. Pretty much anything you can put an inserted slot into that's hand sized will make a good tap handle. Possibilities are endless!!

Chair legs, table legs, Bannister posts etc from home improvement stores fit the bill nicely without much mod. Also dont spend 3-5 dollars on the threaded inserts online. you can get them for less than a dollar each at most hardware stores.

since the standard tap handles are to tall for my installation, I used golf balls painted with my team colors.

20141102_102154.jpg

There are a couple of guys on here that have used empty yeast vials filled with grain/hops. Always thought that looked pretty neat.

Back