Tangerine Mirror Pond Pale ale experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theferalkid

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll!!

Just brewed a clone Mirror Pond Pale Ale using some of my neighbors amazing tangerine...but I only used the zest!!

Brewed a 10 gal all-grain batch and hit my g. of 1.052. I used about 5oz of zest that I added into the last 2.5 min boil. The smell was amazing!

My question is...I have all this Tangerine fruit that I want to include in the final product. They are all near the real ripe stage so I placed them in the Fridge till I figure out how to do this. Any advice? Would I need to pasteurize this fruit prior to adding into the secondary? And if so, how would I go about pasteurizing the tangerine? Thanks in advance for any help. (Brewed it this Monday 2-10-14)

:confused:

I have never done it both others have frozen the fruit segments and then soaked them in a little vodka or sprayed with starsan prior to adding to primary or secondary. Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back