Syncing Beersmith Cloud with Computer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tflew

Reaction score
Generally I make recipes on my computer, copy to the cloud then when I brew I open up the cloud recipe on my phone. All of the gravities and volumes get entered on my phone (into the cloud version) and when all is said and done I now have two versions of the same recipe but one has all of the brew day data and the other doesn't. I manually go back and enter the info from my phone onto the computer.

This really doesn't simplify the process from when I would print out the brewsheet, write down the info, and reenter into my computer.

Short of only keeping recipes in the cloud, is there a way to sync the recipes in the cloud with the ones kept on my hard drive so that I don't have to double enter information?

Thanks for any input:mug:

What happens when you open the cloud recipe on your computer after your brewday? Does it have the brewday data? If so, put that in your recipe folder, replacing the old one.

That has worked for me.

If you have the newest update for brew smith there is a sync button on the actual computer app. I haven't tried it for this reason, but give it a try.

The sync button is on the ribbon. Don't have my computer in front of me but it's there somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I tried this just now. I never thought about syncing then moving the recipe to the recipes folder. I created a recipe on my computer, saved to cloud, messed with it on my iPad, closed that, went to my computer and went to the cloud recipe, hit refresh and all my changes were there. I could move it to the recipe folder but the recipe itself on my local drive was still unchanged.

Ah so you have to move it from the computer app cloud folder to the actual computer folder? Seems a little redundant for my liking. Might be that way in the spirit of not having overwritten recipes with out you knowing it?

I'm more on the lines of that if I make a change I want it done across the board. But I'm also used to working across servers with cad files at work. If someone opens a cad file I previously worked on all my changes are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

From what I can tell, yes. It is not ideal but it seems to be how it is done.
I too am used to what you're used to...even with CAD. I think if you want something like that then Beersmith isn't the first choice.

I wish Beersmith worked like 1Password. The file itself is stored on my drop box, which is on all iOS devices and all computers. Upon opening 1Password, it syncs from DB and I'm none the wiser.

Yea after making changes on my phone it will be updated in the recipes folder on my computer. But now in the BS app on the computer I have two versions of the recipe, the current cloud version and the 'old' local version. I agree that it is a bit redundant to keep copying it back and forth. It almost seems like it is worth the $10 to upgrade the cloud to hold 125 recipes and just keep every recipe in the cloud. Then again that might be the point...

I create the recipe in the cloud from my computer. I then modify it on brew day on my phone (in the cloud). That way I only have one version at any given time. Once the beer is finished, I move it from the cloud to a directory on my computer to free up space on the cloud for another recipe.

That's not a bad idea. That way you're computer is more the final version and you're not continually copying back and forth

Back