SWMBO vs My Bottle Collection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhamilton

Reaction score
I've recently started kegging so my bottle collection has really started to back up -- I imagine I have 150 longnecks/bombers and ~75 750ml bottles. Last night (after watching 4 episodes of "Hoarders") SWMBO said:

Her: "I'm not keeping any more of your bottles until you use the ones you already have..."
Me: "Game on."

muwahahahah. She has no idea:

1. AHS 20th IPA
2. Chimay White (Cinq Cents)
3. Brooklyn Brown
4. Ed Wort's Kolsch
5. Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale
6. Black Scapular Dubbel (from Jamil Zainasheff)
7. Ed Wort's Oktoberfest

It should be a fun month :D

I've recently started kegging so my bottle collection has really started to back up -- I imagine I have 150 longnecks/bombers and ~75 750ml bottles. Last night (after watching 4 episodes of "Hoarders") SWMBO said:

Her: "I'm not keeping any more of your bottles until you use the ones you already have..."
Me: "Game on."

muwahahahah. She has no idea:

1. AHS 20th IPA
2. Chimay White (Cinq Cents)
3. Brooklyn Brown
4. Ed Wort's Kolsch
5. Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale
6. Black Scapular Dubbel (from Jamil Zainasheff)
7. Ed Wort's Oktoberfest

It should be a fun month :D

well played..... .well played! I went through this same fight a couple of years ago when I went to keg. In the end I got to keep all my swing tops, a case of 20oz, and a case of 12oz for Msc bottling. But, I now have 6 kegs, so it was a net win for me!

determined-challenge-accepted-l.png

This.

Dude, she's literally DARING you to brew more beer!

My wife was happy I gave half of my bottles to another brewer in need. I still have more than will probably use, but don't tell her that! I can't stop rinsing them out. Then it's real easy to soak and clean off the label.

Much easier than hauling them back to the one or two stores that take craft beer bottles and trying to use that stupid return machine.

Latest posts

Back