Switching to all grain - GrainFather

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhusker18

Reaction score
Should I pull trigger on $799 sale this weekend or wait for an all inclusive brand 15 or 20% off at a website?

In no big rush as I want to burn through my extract inventory.

It will be easier overall to GrainFather than build my own setup due to space and lack of time.

Thoughts on purchasing with holiday savings sales? Wait for more deals or buy this weekend?

$799 will probably be the best price you will find. Who you buy from will make a difference. Northern Brewer probably has the best reputation for customer service.

I also doubt that you will find a better price on the Grainfather. There is one site that is adding a Graincoat and one kit for the $799. I am on the fence. I don't need it, don't really want to spend the $$, but would love to move inside with full 5 gallon batches.

I used to use Northern Brewer. It seem in recent times there reputation has been suffering and many will boycott them because they are now owned by InBev. YMMV.

I also doubt that you will find a better price on the Grainfather. There is one site that is adding a Graincoat and one kit for the $799. I am on the fence. I don't need it, don't really want to spend the $$, but would love to move inside with full 5 gallon batches.

I used to use Northern Brewer. It seem in recent times there reputation has been suffering and many will boycott them because they are now owned by InBev. YMMV.

I haven't seen that deal...can you share because I haven't stumbled across that ?

If a site offers 15-20% off, that is a heck of a savings I was hoping to find.

I hear you on NB and MWS. I have had good service through the major online retailers. My local LHBS is pretty pricey but works in a pinch. One has free grain milling I found out!

Keep in mind that Grainfather prices are set by the manufacturer and likely will be the same at all retailers.

Keep in mind that Grainfather prices are set by the manufacturer and likely will be the same at all retailers.

I talked to a few sellers/ brew store owners today on the phone and I found they all told the same story Denny.

I have until Monday to decide.

Latest posts

Back