Swine Flu

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard a joke today about how pigs would fly when a black man got into the white house. So now we have the Swine Flu.... :rolleyes:

Swine flu... I am far too fast for that virus...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASibLqwVbsk]YouTube - 1976 Swine Flu Propaganda[/ame]

Fixed.

27k39.jpg

The whole ordeal about the Swine Flu is so stupid. I hate the media. It's the damn flu. Loads more people die each year from the common flu.

The whole ordeal about the Swine Flu is so stupid. I hate the media. It's the damn flu. Loads more people die each year from the common flu.

According to the CDC 36,000 die of normal flu each year. With a 9 month flu season that is like 4,000 people a month, or 130 people a day who die of normal flu.

Yeah but your body cannot fight this flu via immune system near as well as the others. In other words your way more likely to die if you get it, irregardless how many die from the normal strain.

Yeah but your body cannot fight this flu via immune system near as well as the others. In other words your way more likely to die if you get it, irregardless how many die from the normal strain.

That is proving to be wrong. Mexico is discovering most of those swine flu deaths, were not swine flu. WHO has 17 documented deaths world-wide.

:off:

It's regardless, not irregardless.

On topic - Every year it's a "new" strain. The strains mutate to beat our immune system.

Um, yes it can. This strain has already been shown to be a much weaker version of the swine flu that killed countless individuals in the early 1900s. This is nothing but media hype.

And, yes it is indeed regardless, not irregardless...........

But I hope the media hype continues. I work at a school, so if someone starts coughing, I get a week's vacation.

But I hope the media hype continues. I work at a school, so if someone starts coughing, I get a week's vacation.

Yeah, but then you get your summer vacation cut short by that week. Pick your poison.

And while you are getting your "vacation", countless parents are missing a week's worth of work because of all this panic. Not a good thing in this economy.

Yeah, but then you get your summer vacation cut short by that week. Pick your poison.

And while you are getting your "vacation", countless parents are missing a week's worth of work because of all this panic. Not a good thing in this economy.

I'm not a teacher. I don't get the summer off. Or spring break, or winter break. And it's a community college. Our students can stay home alone. :D

:off:

It's regardless, not irregardless.

On topic - Every year it's a "new" strain. The strains mutate to beat our immune system.

sorry for the typo:cross:

Um, yes it can. This strain has already been shown to be a much weaker version of the swine flu that killed countless individuals in the early 1900s. This is nothing but media hype.

And, yes it is indeed regardless, not irregardless...........

Not going to disagree, but where is has it been shown to be weaker? I would like to read more on these studies.

They're actually closing down public schools here in NM..... Seriously... OMG THE FING FLU IS OUT THERE! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

sorry for the typo:cross:

Not going to disagree, but where is has it been shown to be weaker? I would like to read more on these studies.

I can't say that I've read it anywhere, but I heard it on the radio during the non-stop swine flu coverage. They reported it last Thursday, and repeated it at least a half-dozen times during the day.

Actually after 5 days of missed school they don't have to make them up any more (in illinois). So we've already had 3 snow-days. Get a week off they only have to make up 2 of the days.

The swine flu hype is totally idiotic. But I suppose keeping the public's mind on inane crap like this lets the government do what they want to without too much media coverage. I hate the media.

Illinois has plenty of flu meds to release. If taken within 48 hours of the onset of the symptoms they will shorten the duration of the flu by <gasp> 1 day. BFD.

I am getting over it right now and it is no worse than the regular flu. Just as with the various strains of flu that make it around every year, it will hit the elderly, the infirmed, and people with otherwise compromised immune systems the worst.

The swine flu that killed so many people in the early 1900s was due to ignorance of prevention and poor medical care, just like all of the people that will die in thrid world countries from this or other flu viruses.

Damn you weasel, you could infect us all coming in here whith that stuff! If I had an avitar I would put a face mask on it right now.

Well I won't keep it for too long, just like the Aretha hat went away after a few days. I just don't want V to get the flu, it is so dangerous and stuff!

Well I won't keep it for too long, just like the Aretha hat went away after a few days. I just don't want V to get the flu, it is so dangerous and stuff!

Oh tell me about. I've heard the only way to cure it is a shot and rest! Not something the small town hospitals around here have! Just gotta be careful I guess.:(

drunkeuroBbirdflu.jpg

* Did I find the perfect mask picture for this guys face or what !!*

Latest posts

Back