Sweet sake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently took sake, so I tried a few different store bought brands and want to try my hand at making some. I want to make a sweet sake, almost dessert like. Has anyone made any really sweet sake and have any suggestions on how to start. I'm assuming making more kome koji would add more sugar to the final product.

You can use some of the Sake to disolve sugar in it and then mix back into the rest of the sake when you heat it up to Pasturise it. Or a better way would be to wait until the yeast dies from too much alcohol and then add more Koji and steamed rice as the Koji will still work after the yeast dies from the alcohol being in the range of 15-20%. The latter is how I sweeten my Sake as you get to taste it every few days and stop when it reaches the sweetness you wish. You can also take half the Sake when it is semi sweet and leave the rest on the rice to get sweeter and make a few different bottles of different sweetness.

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I'm going to try the koji addition after the yeast dies out. Sounds like a more traditional way than just adding sugar

Latest posts

Back