Swedish Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_san06

Reaction score
Anybody have a recipe for a Swedish lager along the lines of Nils Oscar God Lager?

If not, any Swedish brews in general? I would like to do one for my dad, he's Swedish and loves beer, but his health is going down quickly and I'd like to do this for him while I can.

Thanks guys!:mug:

You could go modern or traditional. Modern could be anything, as commercial and craft beers increased. Nils Oscar was established in 1996, which to me is modern. I could not find a clone recipe for God Lager (Good Lager), this page describes it as

Brewed as a Dortmunder-style offering with four different hops including Hersbrucker and Tettnanger, it gives off a dark earthy malt aroma. At 5.3%abv it packs a decent punch, and is highly carbonated with a strong lager aftertaste.

This recipe for Dortmunder Export should be close. With a hop substitution is should be closer.

You could go historical and here is a good description of the Nordic beer history. Back then I expect the beer varied greatly between batches.

Back