Swamp Cooler in spare bathtub?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withoutink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

While I am not brewing yet, nor do I have my equipment yet... I am thinking ahead. I work from home, in our finished basement, actually... Anyway, I am thinking of doing most of the home brew stuff down in the basement. We have a finished full bath down here, we have only used the bathtub once in 1.5 years. So I suspect, it is available for use. The basement normally stays around 73-76% except in the winter when it is much cooler.

I was thinking since I have that bathtub, why not use it as a swamp cooler when I start fermenting. Would there be any advantages to using the full sized bathtub? Or should I just get a cooler of some sort and maintain the swamp cooler in there?

I was thinking I could get a sheet of thick styro insulation, and cut it in half, making a cutout for the fermentor top and airlock. Then the water etc, might stay cooler.

Thoughts?

Cheers-

Matt

Thanks guys, obviously me just overthinking it. Thanks for bringing me back to earth.

Latest posts

Back