super noob mini mash question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gropo

Reaction score
I want to do my first mini-mash IPA next week, roughly following DeathBrewer's sticky, but using a full wort boil. After the mini-mash, I figure I'll end up with 3 or so gallons of wort. When I transfer this to my main 9 gallon brew kettle, do I add cold water, or water close to sparge temps to bring it up to the full 6.5 gallons before bringing it to a boil and adding the remaining DME??...does it matter? Sorry if this has been covered here before; I couldn't find anything.

when i do a mini-mash i usually get the extra water up to boiling just as the mash is over. i just did 1 today, and the extra water started boiling in my bk just in time to add the dme and the mash-water

Thanks lumpher...thats what I was planning on. Does the water temp make a difference in the outcome?? If the mini-mash wort was added to cold water, and slowly brought up to a boil before adding the DME, would it make a difference?

mash your grain, then dump the wort in the hot (or boiling) water. my water is usually almost boiling when i pour the mini-mash wort in

Latest posts

Back