"Super Chef" 10 gallon boiling kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinylrooster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I came across a very interesting find on craiglist today. The guy has two "super chef" series 1282 military issue 10-gallon stainless steel food/beverage dispensers. I have never seen these before, but as soon as I saw them, I thought to myself, is this the perfect brewing kettle??

I'm thinking they are essentially like a small keggle with a pre-cut hole on top and a perfectly fitting lid.

I haven't checked them out in person yet, but I'm thinking that these may just be a perfect brew kettle.

Looking for some great input. BTW, I couldn't decided whether to put this under the DIY forum, or the Equipment forum, so I went with Equipment....

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

wow, that brings me back to my Air Force days. I lived within arms reach of one of those.

with the plastic valve replaced, you should be able boil in it, but i think they are insulated between layers, it would make a great HLT/mash tun

Make sure you clean the nasty LF silo coffee out of it :D

Back