Super Cheap, Easy Wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastRebel195

Reaction score
Hey there i am about to try my first ever brew.

I have a few questions.

First off, i was thinking of going the route of using yeast and sugar to make an alcoholic drink, i was wondering how to do this in a small amount.

The dry wine yeast i have says it will cover about 24 liters of brew, but i want something on a much smaller scale then that, more like 2 liters.

So my question is what would be the best way of doing this?

Remember im not really that focused on quality that much.

I have the following:

Sugar
Dry Wine Yeast
Red Grapes
2 Liter Bottle
Airlock

How would be the best way to go about making liquor out of these ingredients on a small scale, and is there any absolute necessary ingredients i am missing?

And lastly, if i where to save the yeast (as i only want 2 liters worth of brew) how would i go about doing this?

All answers appreciated.

Why not make a gallon? It's just shy of 4 liters.
How many pounds of grapes do you have? If you have wine grapes, you need something like18 pounds of them to make a gallon.
If you have table grapes, you still need a lot and you will need to add sugar.
Other gear you will need: Campden tablets, Pectin Enzyme, Hydrometer, Potassium Sorbate, these at least to start with. Probably lemons or commercial acid blend.
Two good beginner wines that are good and can be found here on this site are... Apfelwein and Welches grape concentrate wine.
Keep it clean and sanitary and in 2 months you can have a very drinkable product. No need to go through the trouble and not have a quality thing to drink.
This site has tons of info if you read it.

Cheap and easy.......here u go

Ditch the grapes and add three cans of FAJC with 4 cups of white sugar
Add water and then shake till you can,t see the sugar any more
Add lavlin ec1118. (ferments to 18%)
Add airlock
One gallon of sweet wine <$5. Pretty tasty

2 cans of frozen concentrate friut juice
1 pound of sugar
EC118
pinch of yeast nutrient
small box of raisins
water to 1 gallon

add concentrate sugar and grapes to water and stir till all sugar dissolved
and yeast and yeast nutrient. put in fermeter and add airlock

degass a few times

after a month rack to i gallon bottle and put on airlock
after i month add fining agents to strip of yeast and wait 3 days till racking into a new bottle, back sweeten to taste and enjoy

Back