Summer Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
Last year, it seemed like every other beer I brewed up was some sort of brown ale. The way its looking, this year every other batch will be some version of a stout. I was thinking of trying to do a version of a dry stout, except using Cascade hops instead of standard european hops. I am looking for a good sessionable stout with some american hop flavor.

Heres what I have:

7 lbs Maris Otter
2 lbs Flaked Barley
1 Lb Roasted Barley
.5 lb Midnight Wheat

1.5 oz Cascade - 60 Min
1.5 oz Cascade - 5 Min

Yeast - Rehydrated Safale 04

Numbers from Beersmith, based on 72% Eff

OG: 1.046
FG: 1.014
ABV: 4.2%
IBUs: 36

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joe

Last year, it seemed like every other beer I brewed up was some sort of brown ale. The way its looking, this year every other batch will be some version of a stout. I was thinking of trying to do a version of a dry stout, except using Cascade hops instead of standard european hops. I am looking for a good sessionable stout with some american hop flavor.

Heres what I have:

7 lbs Maris Otter
2 lbs Flaked Barley
1 Lb Roasted Barley
.5 lb Midnight Wheat

1.5 oz Cascade - 60 Min
1.5 oz Cascade - 5 Min

Yeast - Rehydrated Safale 04

Numbers from Beersmith, based on 72% Eff

OG: 1.046
FG: 1.014
ABV: 4.2%
IBUs: 36

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Joe

Looks nice. However, I would do the 60' as FWH (smoother bittering) and the 5' as a whirlpool or even a hopstand at 175° to keep the fine Cascade oils in the wort :)

BR Folke

Back