Sulphur smell-gotta dump it!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ck out Revvy's thread on -sulphur-dumping your batch.
Best thing I have read yet- I had an issue w/a smell + ckd b4 wasting a good batch-well I'll find out won't I?
GREAT READING for all newbies!!!
Don't give up on a whim!

you all realize this "IS" a beginners brewing section so everyone in here should be a "newb"

I used Wyeast 3068 for the second time. When I removed the krausen collar, I caught a very disturbing odor. After a bit of research and a little panic, I discovered that particular yeast is known for such odors. I guess I lucked out the first time around with it and did not catch or did not have the odor.

Haha, I didn't even know how to read it. That took me some time before I figured it out. God getting older sucks. I wouldn't consider myself "old" and can't even keep up with the younger generations and their text chat gibberish haha.

you all realize this "IS" a beginners brewing section so everyone in here should be a "newb"

Well that's not true, but even if it was i fail to see your point. Because if that was the case, then my post carries even more weight because it would reach and help guide more new brewers that way.

"We don't have dance dance revolution, soooooooooooooooo your dumb."

Haha, I didn't even know how to read it. That took me some time before I figured it out. God getting older sucks. I wouldn't consider myself "old" and can't even keep up with the younger generations and their text chat gibberish haha.

I wouldn't sweat it. I'm just a babe and couldn't get through that one. Had to re-read it maybe five or six times. No txtspk there, just good old fashioned illegible.

I wouldn't sweat it. I'm just a babe and couldn't get through that one. Had to re-read it maybe five or six times. No txtspk there, just good old fashioned illegible.

Haha, same...and here I thought I was trying to maintain my "Hip" status :fro:

Back