Suitable hops for Belgian Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stijn26

Reaction score
So we have brewed a belgian tripel with wyeast 3726. Only amarillo hops were used, 8 grams per liter where 4 gr were in the dryhop.

But due to covid we cant get Amarillo at this moment... I'm looking for suitable replacements from the hops I have and don't want anything clashing with the yeast.

I have:
- Comet
- Azacca
- Simcoe
- Topaz
- Rakau
- Mosaic

Which one would be best suited for a belgian tripel?

Kind regards

So we have brewed a belgian tripel with wyeast 3726. Only amarillo hops were used, 8 grams per liter where 4 gr were in the dryhop.

But due to covid we cant get Amarillo at this moment... I'm looking for suitable replacements from the hops I have and don't want anything clashing with the yeast.

I have:
- Comet
- Azacca
- Simcoe
- Topaz
- Rakau
- Mosaic

Which one would be best suited for a belgian tripel?

Kind regards

That’s tough as none of them are right for this style. Which beer are you targeting? Wyeast 3726 wouldn’t be my first, second or third choice for a Tripel either.

Hi,
Well we made 2 versions of a beer.

One with 3522 (chouffe) and one with 3726 (blaugies). Blaugies is more for saison but we preferred it above 3522.
Grain bill was 100% pale. Hopped with amarillo, 4g/l into the boil and 4g/l dryhop.
Fg was 1.010 of the 3726 and 1.014 of the chouffe.
Alcohol came in at 8.9 for the 3726 and 8.4 for the chouffe.
Maybe its not a belgian tripel but it is certainly also not a saison.

Back