Suggestions Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffoC6

Reaction score
Having my bachelor party in April in upstate NY (Catskill Mountains) in a secluded cabin in the woods. The property has a large yard, but is surrounded by forest. Outside of the normal stuff (brewpubs, paintball, etc), what are some suggestions for hilarious/random activities or competitions a group of dudes could have in the middle of nowhere?

Here's one I've come up with- Setting up multi-sized targets along the treeline of the forest. Then, using a BB gun, each participant accumulates points per target hit. Obviously, to participate you must first have had 6+ beers/drinks. This is a timed event and accuracy is key.

Also thinking of roasting/smoking an enormous hunk of meat in the 4-5 foot stone charcoal grill that's on the property. My "chef" cousin will be handling this affair.

Give me some more ideas...The more random/absurd the better.

Take turns plucking deer ticks off each other's nut sacks!:ban:

Seriously, there's a lot of ticks down there. I worked in the Catskills for half the summer and our crew averaged 2 ticks per day.

Game a few of my buddies played in college called darts.

Get 4 darts per game. Two teams of two. Two cans of beer on the ground roughly 20 feet a part. Hit the can with a dart, one of the guys on the other team has to shotgun that beer.

You can also make it a bit more interesting by adding something to do/say/ whatever in addition to the beer.

Once you get too lazy to do this, we would all just find obstacles to hide the can behind, on top of, or next to and sit about 10 feet away and take turns throwing two darts. If you hit it you get to choose who drinks it.

Simple, yet entertaining, drinking game.

A true pissing contest could be fun.
-for distance
-for height
-for speed & accuracy - who can fill a can fastest from the deck.

winner doesn't drink, others do, loser drinks 2.
special prize for a triple crown winner?

To the OP, sorry, but part of your post made me cringe. Hard.

As a youth smallbore rifle instructor, and member of a gun club that stresses safety as more important than religion, I cannot advocate for EVER combining alcohol and guns. Even if it's "only" a bb gun. Things can, and do, go wrong; people can, and do, get hurt - and even killed - by BB guns. Earlier this summer I was sighting in two new air rifles for a youth outreach trailer we have, and honestly, I'd be more comfortable giving the kids a .22 rifle than some of the new high-power air rifles. In terms of the "big three" gun safety rules, a BB gun should be treated with just as much care and respect as a .30-06.

Want to get ripped and go paintballing? Knock yourself out. But once the booze comes out, put the BB gun away.

I agree with dkwolf. Alcohol and bb guns? Even lawn darts? Just doesn't sound like it's worth the risk to me. I like the idea of paintball though.

Could not agree more...alcohol and guns (no matter how small) should mix.

As for things to do....beer pong, cornhole, horseshoe, hire a fishing charter, go to touristy stuff if there are in the area (amusement park?).
Don't overthink it.

I'd probably go simple on the food too....guys are going to be drunk and not fully enjoy the culinary masterpiece your cousin will put together....what's wrong with burgers and dogs?

Homosexual chicken.

As a submariner this game is near and dear to my heart.

As young buck, my friends and I once got bored/drunk enough to light a hay bail on fire in the middle of the suburban street on which I lived at the time. That killed a good 30 minutes or so and then we went back to whatever drinking game of which we had previously become bored.

Alcohol related dares are always fun. For example, the dare was once put out for someone to snort a shot of tequila. No one actually did it, but it was out there. I always enjoyed fire breathing while drunk. Very mesmerizing.

This one actually happened to me: I was getting ready to do a beer bong with something like four beers in it. I open the valve and about half a second in I feel an intense burning in my mouth and throat. I finish it off and I'm like, WTF, guys? Turns out while the funnel was up above my head where I couldn't see it they poured in a shot each of whiskey, tequila and vodka. I'm sure that would make for some cheap entertainment.

TheZymurgist said:
I agree with dkwolf. Alcohol and bb guns? Even lawn darts? Just doesn't sound like it's worth the risk to me. I like the idea of paintball though.

I fail to see much risk in darts. Your tossing them with very little force and as long as the opposing team is smart enough to step to the side when the other team is going there is vet little risk in hitting somebody with a dart.

Granted I have only played this with people who are very well at holding large amounts of alcohol (mostly college fraternity brothers) so nobody was playing blacked out drunk and being irresponsible.

Homosexual chicken.

So... I mean, if neither person swerves away at the last second... what's the point of no return in this game? When does it stop being chicken and now it's just gay? I mean, if both cars hit each other, hey, both dudes were equally bad ass. But if both weenies hit each other, are both dudes equally gay? Is this how you find out?

Obligatory, not that there's anything wrong with that

So... I mean, if neither person swerves away at the last second... what's the point of no return in this game? When does it stop being chicken and now it's just gay? I mean, if both cars hit each other, hey, both dudes were equally bad ass. But if both weenies hit each other, are both dudes equally gay? Is this how you find out?

Obligatory, not that there's anything wrong with that

That's the beauty of gay chicken. There is no point of no return. Weenies touched? Keep going. Insertion achieved? Continue to climax. If neither contestant chooses to swerve than it's just gay sex. If you do swerve, game over.

Back