Suggestions for inline quick disconnects?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhorgan1

Reaction score
I'm looking to get some inline quick disconnects to keep my kegging system a bit more modular since I have a bad habit of frequently changing my system, especially since I got my hoprocket.

I bought these last year and they work great for my CO2 lines but they have a tiny screen in the middle which gets clogged really frequently when I use it in my beer lines, especially when I use the hoprocket.
https://www.morebeer.com/products/beer-gas-tubing-quick-disconnect-inline-shutoff-set.html

Does any have recommended inline quick disconnects? I really like that these shut when they aren't connected, that way I don't need to depressurize anything to swap in different parts.

Probably this.
2546.jpg

Cheers!

I use those quick disconnects from morebeer on everything and they are a LIFE SAVER! I use them on my kegerator and glycol chiller.....

I know this is an old thread but would these work with 5/16 gas lines? There is a comment on Morebeer's site that say these don't work with 5/16 gas lines.
Are there other alternatives then these?
I just want to be able to disconnect my co2 tank to use for transfers, burst carbing or whatever else comes up.

I know this is an old thread but would these work with 5/16 gas lines? There is a comment on Morebeer's site that say these don't work with 5/16 gas lines.
Are there other alternatives then these?
I just want to be able to disconnect my co2 tank to use for transfers, burst carbing or whatever else comes up.

I use them on gas lines you just need to make sure everything is leak free first....don't ask me how I know this....

I use them on gas lines you just need to make sure everything is leak free first....don't ask me how I know this....

Yeah, the more connections the more possibility for leaks. Guess that's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm also thinking about getting a 5 lb CO2 tank and use that as a backup to my 10lb tank and to use it for other purposes instead of getting the disconnects.

By the time you factor in shipping and two or three sets, then it gets close to the cost of a 5lb co2 tank. So I'm undecided at this point.

Back