Suggestions and Help with All Grain Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TarheelMH

Reaction score
I received a lot of free grain from my homebrewing club. I have wheat, chocolate, and black malt. I also got some flaked oats and CaraPils. Without getting other grain, is there a good recipe with the ingredients I listed? Maybe a Chocolate Wheat recipe. I have Centennial, Cascade, and Warrior hops handy. Any ideas???

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Aside from a base malt, it would be incredibly helpful and pretty necessary for you to tell people how much of each you have received. Who the heck knows what you can make from all that unless we know how much you have on hand. ;) List that then you'll find it easier to get someone to formulate a recipe for you. Rest assured, I believe you'll need to buy some base malt though.

I figured I would need 2 Row. The wheat would be too sweet.

50 lbs of wheat malt. Chocolate, black, flaked oats, and CaraPils are 5 lbs each.

Let's see, 5 gallon batch...
Do a chocolate wheat beer. Something like this...
What do you think?

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 11.45.42 AM.jpg

That looks good! I have always used 2 row and didn't know if I could get away with just using wheat. Cascade or Centennial hops for bittering? I have 2 lbs of Warrior hops. I always forget to use them.

Back