Success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmiles86

Reaction score
Well, this past saturday was my very first brew day and I have to say that it was a complete success. The whole process was not only super fun but exceptionall smooth. I had almost no problems and within a day, I had healthy fermentation. Only thing I see so far, the wort was awfully dark for a "blonde ale". Maybe it will lighten up over the next couple weeks. I hope it turns out tasty and I just wanted to thank everyone for their fantastic advice and tips, both pre and post membership. I look forward to many, many more brews! :tank:

Ive had smooth brewdays that created an OK product and absolute cluster ****s of a brewday that ended up with fantastic product.

Nice that the stress level was low, but wait til you taste it to call it a success. ;)

Nice that the stress level was low, but wait til you taste it to call it a success. ;)[/QUOTE]

I hear that!! Im really hopeful. Like I said, atleast the process went smoother than I thought. I read a post that said, eventually you will create habits that will make the process better. I think I had a pretty good day.

Congrats

As for the color you won't get an accurate representation until after crashing and letting things settle, there is always a bit of float in a wort that gets into the fermenter that can cause it to look darker than it is on finish.

Yeah, congrats BTW. Wasnt trying to be discouraging.

Also realize that container shape and size plays a very large role in how dark a beer appears.

the long and short of it is RDWHACommercialB until you can RDWHAHB...

Also, brew another batch...

Hahaha, oh no i didnt find you discourgaing at all. I understood what you meant lol. I plan on buying a few more fermenters, so I can have a little pipeline going. love this hobby already, even if this first batch turns out to be crap.

Latest posts

Back