Stupid question I know but. Pressure using 1/8" hose to tanks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

born2dive9702

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I think I already know the answer to my question but I just want to double check.

I recently switched from 1/4 PVC hose from my co2 regulators to 1/8" co2 high pressure stainless steel braid hose, (looks very sharp)...

BUT I am unsure if the pressure will drop.
So as I said I originally used 1/4" pvc hose that was about 6' long, with about 20-25 psi (it is for carbonating soda)

So seeing that I am now using 1/8" hose that is 6' long @ 20-25psi,

will the pressure drop at the far end of the hose drop compared to the 1/4" because it is restricted
or will the pressure stay the same from one end to another.
or will it go up like closing off the end of a garden hose.

I am trying to make sure that my tanks have 20-25psi in them to carbonate the soda correctly.

my intuition is telling me that the pressure will stay the same, since it is pressurizing a tank am I correct?

Please let me know

Static pressure will remain the same, so when it's hooked up and you aren't drawing soda you'll have the same pressure throughout your system. The pressure may drop a little bit while your flowing soda but not much.

That is what I thought,

Cheers Gpp33

Static pressure will remain the same, so when it's hooked up and you aren't drawing soda you'll have the same pressure throughout your system. The pressure may drop a little bit while your flowing soda but not much.

Back