Stupid move...forgot about 2/3's of priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnr1005

Reaction score
So we were bottle/kegging 2 beers. First one went fine. 2nd one I pured about 1/3 of the priming sugar in towards the bottom, meaning to add the rest as the bottle bucket fills. As we are cleaning up I see that the rest of the sugar is still in the pot. (Damn). So...I read that you can add 1/2 tsp sugar to each bottle to carb, but with 1/3 already in do I cut the priming sugar down. Or is 1/2 tsp still okay. Have to open and recap all these darn beers tomorrow.

Note: pour all primer in at once.

One time I poured in my priming sugar into the carboy, then forgot I had done so and emptied it "one more time" to get out residual Iodophor.

DOH!

Stuff happens, hang in there OP>

As we are cleaning up I see that the rest of the sugar is still in the pot. (Damn). So...I read that you can add 1/2 tsp sugar to each bottle to carb.

Note: pour all primer in at once.

Dumba*s..... Lol totally just kidding. Happens to the best of us......

Go with 1/3 teaspoon instead of 1/2 teaspoon.

It'll be fine, man... you caught it now instead of waiting for it to condition and realize it's all under-carbed; cherish the small victory in that. :)

:mug:

Back