Stuck fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago_Eric_

Reaction score
I brewed a marshmallow stout and had an OG of 1.053 then realized I had forgot to add the kg of marshmallows but didn't remeasure the gravity. Another poster had said my OG should have been around 1.065 with that much added sugar. I'm about 6 days into fermentation and I just got 1.033. I used Windsor and it seems pretty much done but this FG seems pretty high. I was hoping to get it down to around .02 for a solid 6% beer. Should I pitch a bit more yeast or just wait it out for a few days? However I don't have any more Windsor, just Saf-04 and I know that yeast attenuates a lot better so I don't want to dry out the beer too much.

I'm about 6 days into fermentation bit more yeast just wait it out for a few days?

I would advise not obsessing about the ABV and enjoy your stout at what ever it finishes at with the yeast you chose.
Of corse I'll admit I haven't taken a gravity reading since 2009 when my hydrometer tube broke and it dawned on me that I didn't really care about the ABV. If I ever do a mead again, I'll use my hydrometer, but that's unlikely because the last bottle of my last mead was older than I probably have years left to go. :D

Last edited:
Back