Stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartinV

Reaction score
I recently started fermenting my 5gal pale ale batch in two separated carboys (4 days ago), one of them was bubbling and had a decent krausen by yesterday, the other one, not so much, in fact it had very little krausen and almost no bubbles , I aerated, and pitched my yeast correctly, I'm using a safale us-05, today I checked both of them, and neither of them were bubbling anymore, and the krausen has decreased noticeably, the temperature is 74 F, so I read rousing is a good option to reactivate my yeast, should that work?

GRAVITY READINGS??? At 74, the fermentation will go quickly (1 or 2 days). You may be done fermenting, not stuck. I need a gravity reading before I can offer any more information...

Sure, OG 1.041 and gravity so far 1.012 in both of them, but they taste a little bit different

1.012 is NOT stuck. It is almost finished. Leave it in primary for one more week, then bottle. Ignore for another 2 weeks after bottling. Congratulations, you have made beer.

Back