Stuck Fermentation... Please Help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWKBrewing13

Reaction score
hey guys whats up? I brewed a cheap Coopers kit that I had laying around that I wanted to try before I go back to AIH kits. Used 1 lbs amber 1 lbs light DME and 1 cup dk brown sugar.

Use safale 04 (english) and ferm temp at 66. Maybe a little lower at night.

Ferm stopped at 1.024
Original 1.052

I have another satchet of safale 04. How should I get it to restart.

Tried moving to warming area (68-70) and light swirl. Nothing

Should I add the satchet and fermax? or make a yeast starter with just the safale 04 ???

I'd rouse the yeast off the bottom of the fermenter gently. I've had good results trying this. You could also transfer to a secondary vessel and pick up some of the yeast that way if you were worried about aerating your wort.

No. The time for yeast nutrient is the beginning of the process, the last couple min of the boil so they're already in the wort for them to use in the beginning stages of fermentation. You could repitch but that's another $7-8 or so in yeast you're sinking in this batch plus, you already have all that good yeast in the bottom of your fermentor and it's WAY more than is in that vial. I did a spruce IPA once and it stopped just about where your's is. I transferred the wort and as much of the yeast cake as I could get with vinyl tube into a carboy and it got going so vigorously I had to put on a blow off tube.
Found the picture. The spruce is in the back. https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=43012&title=fermentation5&cat=500

As instructed I simply racked and added a bit of yeast cake... I did test the gravity before storing... @ 1.014. I think its about done as it is. Maybe a bit more will come out.

All is well with time and drink.

Back