Struggling every time I hook up keg to CO2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdillow

Reaction score
I've been through this every time I keg, so I'm putting it out there since it's driving me nuts...I hook up the picnic tap and the gas line. But when I turn on the gas the pressure immediately shoots to 50-60 and literally forces beer out the CLOSED picnic tap. I try releasing the pressure, adjusting the screw, EVERYTHING, but I can't get the pressure down below 40. So what am I doing wrong? This is maddening!

On my regulator there is a screw on the front to adjust the pressure. Loosen to lower the pressure tighten to increase. If you already know this your regulator is probably broken or dirty. Disassemble carefully and clean it thoroughly. Look for cracked seals or broken parts. You can order a repair kit.

Definitely something up. I finally coaxed it to 10, after a few beer showers. I'll have to look into disassembling and cleaning and checking the diaphragm. Hopefully that's an easy task. Thanks all

Back