Stroopwafels in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murphylee83

Reaction score
I was planning on doing a dragons milk reserve replica, and was wondering what you guys thought about putting stoopwaffels in the secondary. If so any ideas on cooking them?

I’m not sure that I would put a baked good like stroopwafels into secondary. I’m not sure how you’d sanitize them, you could maybe pop them in the oven to bake but I imagine they’d turn into a gloopy mess.

Are there particular flavors from the stroopwafel you’re after? You could try to achieve these through malt or subtle spice addition.

I’m not sure that I would put a baked good like stroopwafels into secondary. I’m not sure how you’d sanitize them, you could maybe pop them in the oven to bake but I imagine they’d turn into a gloopy mess.

Are there particular flavors from the stroopwafel you’re after? You could try to achieve these through malt or subtle spice addition.
I was thinking about adding water and boiling the waffles for a minute. Maybe just in the mash then? I’ve read where people had put it in the mash, and it seemed to work out, but none in the secondary. Just trying to get crazy with it 😂

Oh man I love stroopwafels, got a few containers in the pantry right now.

For a beer, I'd either add them in the mash or do what others have mentioned and maybe brew an amber with caramel malt, vanilla, and cinnamon, maybe some honey malt or actual honey in the fermenter.

Either way, I can picture a stroopwafel with a small slice removed being a garnish on the glass, like an orange slice on a Blue Moon.

Dammit, I looked up "stroopwafel" and now I must have some! o_O
Man! They are good with some coffee ☕
Oh man I love stroopwafels, got a few containers in the pantry right now.

For a beer, I'd either add them in the mash or do what others have mentioned and maybe brew an amber with caramel malt, vanilla, and cinnamon, maybe some honey malt or actual honey in the fermenter.

Either way, I can picture a stroopwafel with a small slice removed being a garnish on the glass, like an orange slice on a Blue Moon.
😂 that’s adds a whole new perspective to it. Maybe you’re on to something! Maybe the new staple will be stroopenwaffle instead of oranges 😂

Just checked the back of my stroopwafel box and butter and palm oil are near the top of the ingredient list. I bet an amber ale with a couple crystal malts layered with a touch of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon would capture the taste well.
More than likely that will be what happens! Thanks man!

several (many?) years ago, United Airlines started serving them as the snack on morning flights. when the airlines all implemented cost-cutting several years ago, united ceased the stroopwaffels and there was a huge outcry, forcing them to bring them back.

Put them in a plastic bag, roll them with a beer bottle, dip mouth of beer glass in honey and rim the glass in stroopwafel crumbs.

Stroopwafels and imperial chocolate stout for dessert tonight :D

stroops_n_stout.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:
Saw this listed at my local bottle shop. Ha!

Attachments

• F2CBBC14-5614-4BAD-906C-80B3A699A50D.png
    F2CBBC14-5614-4BAD-906C-80B3A699A50D.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Back