Strawberry Turbo "Cider"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all I'm looking at giving this a go and following this recipe https://youtu.be/jLycH3ktLfk in a 1 Gallon DJ

I am looking at making it taste more of strawberry and am thinking of doing 2ltr Strawberry and 2.5ltr Apple.

I have a couple of questions

1. I bought Asda apple juice from concentrate, do I need to boil this as I do the Ribena?

2. Will the ratio of Strawberry to Apple ferment ok and what abv am I looking at?

I will be using a Champagne yeast and adding the Pectolase, Glycerine and Yeast nutrient as in the video too. This will be my first ever turbo cider brew and only my second brew ever so any advice or critique (constructive) will be welcome.

Thanks

Sorry, but we can't really advise you. The juices you're using are British and nobody here has any experience with them. If the recipe looks doable to you then I suggest following the directions verbatim and see how it comes out. Or, pick one of the recipes here and we can offer guidance if you run into trouble.

Sorry, but we can't really advise you. The juices you're using are British and nobody here has any experience with them. If the recipe looks doable to you then I suggest following the directions verbatim and see how it comes out. Or, pick one of the recipes here and we can offer guidance if you run into trouble.

Thanks

Brewmaster Ben is pretty spot on with his recipes so I would just follow him. I am also new to turbo cider and have been playing around with recipes but usually use him as a guide line. I'd only boil anything that is a juice drink as its half juice, half water so gets rid of the H2O. Other than that, just go with your gut. I've just made a skittles cider, 350g skittles, 4L apple juice and the other essentials.
Add more sugar if you want it stronger. The first one I did was 9+%, which will be fun!

Back