Strawberry skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy_84

Reaction score
I made some raspberry SP about a year ago using fresh raspberries. Just to make the slurry it was good I bottles it in beer bottles so I could take it fishing with me I also carbonated it. So I was thinking about doing the same with strawberries but when I pour into my secondary letting it rest on a mesh bag of strawberries as well. Just to bring the fruit out a little more. Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts. They would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I recently had one of the best fruit wine (skeeter pee is a very loose translation of a fruit wine) that I've had in a while, the winemaker took several lbs of the same fruit used to make the wine and slowly reduced it down on a low heat, creating an amazing F-Pack, or fruit reduction, she sweetened it and added it to the wine as it was aging.
After a few rackings and possibly using a fining agent (I'm not sure if she let it clear naturally), she bottled the wine. I have to admit, I've made a bunch of fruit wines, Melomels and so on, this particular wine was a wonderful full flavored wine with medium body and mouthfeel.

I use 6 lbs of frozen strawberries in a mesh bag inside the bucket to make what's called Dragons Blood. I found the recipe on another forum and have been making it ever since. I currently have a milder version fermenting with less sugar, less lemon juice and 12 lbs of frozen strawberries. I can't wait until May 1st when it's done!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Can you share that website link for Dragon's Blood? I want to make some. Can PM me if more appropriate.

Latest posts

Back