Strange Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a beginner brewer who uses the Cooper kit with the tins of goo and I was wondering if anyone has any strange or weird brews thaat they have made that would be easy for a beginner to make.

Cheers tasty_beverage

How many batches have you done? It would be better to get your process down perfect before you start messing with ingredients. That way you know whether or not the beer was supposed to taste like that or if it was a beginner flaw. What do you like though? I used Slim's Lemon-Lime Hefe and added basil to it. It was a "strange" beer but it worked incredibly well and was delicious. To be honest though, I would rather have a well made "normal" beer than have a poorly thought out "weird" beer.

Sorry should pf clarified that. When I say beginner I mean I haven't looked into all grain brewing or any of that. I just use coopers

Sorry should pf clarified that. When I say beginner I mean I haven't looked into all grain brewing or any of that. I just use coopers home brew supplies as that is all that is available in my town (no LHBS). To answer your question I have done 2 lagers, a stout, a draft and 3 Mexican cerveza. All with just the goo tin and either brew enhancer 1 or 2. Lets say im looking to expand my knowledge and skills haha

This forum is a great place to start, looks like your off on the right track, and welcome.

There are a lot of great books out there that will help you go down this rabbit hole, such as "How to Brew" and "The Joy of Homebrewing". There are also a couple podcasts you can listen to for free, The Brewing Network has several shows, and there is Basic Brewing Radio. These resources will help you with learning what equipment you need to move up, to really technical stuff such as the biology of yeast.

What kind of beer are you looking to brew? If your still only able to use liquid malt extract at this time, there are tons of extract recipes here on this site.

Back