Stout Beer Gas and CO2 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiscDoc

Reaction score
I'm setting up to use beer gas and a stout faucet for my stouts. My question is do I carbonate with CO2 or beer gas and then push with beer gas. Also how much to use for each.

I usually carb with CO2 and rhen hook it up to beergas to serve.

I usually set the CO2 pressure to 5-8 lbs for a couple of weeks to lighhtly carb the beer. Then set the beergas to 35 lbs for serving.

Yup... Carb on CO2 and then move over to the beergas. I have been trying to carb to about 1.2 volumes by putting on CO2 at 30 PSI for about 24 hours and then use the beergas to push it at 28 PSI through the stout faucet.

gavball6 said:
Yup... Carb on CO2 and then move over to the beergas. I have been trying to carb to about 1.2 volumes by putting on CO2 at 30 PSI for about 24 hours and then use the beergas to push it at 28 PSI through the stout faucet.

At what temp?

Do you leave the beer on when not using, or do you turn it off and only on, when pouring

Back