Storing IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLScar

Reaction score
They have recently introduced New Belgium Brewing to South Florida and the grocery store is running buy 2 get 1 free on the 22 oz bombers. My wife picked up 12 of them for me. I have 2 in the fridge. They were bought at room temp.

Is it better to keep them at room temp until I want to chill them or can they just go in the fridge? I will probably drink them over the course of the next 2 - 3 months.

Best to keep in the fridge. If you don't have room, a cool dark location is next best. and best to drink sooner rather than later as the aromatics and flavors of the hops will degrade rather quickly. Although I 'm not sure which varieties she got you:)

IPAs are generally better fresh. I would toss them in the fridge. I think being cool helps retain hop presence.

Pretty much every reaction on earth will accelerate with temperature, and IPAs generally don't benefit from long aging, so intuition follows that you should hold them cold...

Cheers!

thanks .. .appreciate the input guys. they are going in the fridge

Back