Storage Storage Storage....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbb3

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but storing all of my brew crap is getting to be a challenge. And a lot of this stuff ain't small!

Here lately I've been brewing almost every weekend so everything has just been kinda just sitting around "drying"... ;)

Anyway, I've thought about building and outdoor closet off the front of my shop. Or maybe a platform with an electric hoist to hoist it up in the ceiling of my shop. Or...

What are you doing for storage? I know with this crowd there has got to be some great ideas that I can steal and use... :D

SHOW ME YOUR STORAGE!!!

My sht is all over the house and garage!

That's my solution.

In reality I hope to make some space in the garage and have a place to wheel my brew stand and a section set aside for extra equipment. I just have too much stuff. Inside is not as bad, but I do hope to improve with some storage tips. My biggest problem is how to store long items and hoses that I don't want curled up too much and in a place that is not unattractive.

My best solution so far is a Stanley Organizer with access to pockets on both sides, plus drawers that pull open on each end. I keep all of my small items like caps, airlocks, clamps, bungs, thermometers, hydrometer, on and on... in the fold down sides, and I keep my refractomer, gram scale, salts, bags, chemicals and stuff in the drawers.

I holds almost everything I need on brewday except for my whisk (mash paddle) long handled spoon, and 36" Stainless Rule (And hoses, pump, etc...)

I have a drawer in the house for some duplicate items or items I would only need in the house.

I've seen a vessel rack built along the top of a garage wall.....really just a shelf with 2x4's and plywood. That gets the bulky stuff out of the way. I personally use a cart with wire racks...it allows everything to drip dry. They sell wire shelving and that works well. A brew stand with some room on the bottom for storage would work well. Also, I use a DEWALT PARTS ORGANIZER which has small bins in it for nails, screws, etc. and it latches like a suitcase. Works great for small kegging parts, refractometer, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a vessel rack built along the top of a garage wall.....really just a shelf with 2x4's and plywood. That gets the bulky stuff out of the way.

I thought about doing something like this above the garage door in my shop. But the door is 8' and to get above the spring mechanism, it's probably have to be about 10'-11' off the floor.... :(

A brew stand with some room on the bottom for storage would work well.

This wouldn't be a bad idea. I would like to build a gravity stand anyway. Problem is where to put the stand?? DOH!

I just built a fermentation chamber that's taking up a chunk of floor space 24" x 64". My work shop is turning into a home brewery... ;)

But I need to do something. Right now, I'm using this method

My sht is all over the house and garage

LOL... :rockin:

A floccload of those steel wire shelves... the 48" x 18" shelves are big enough to hold bulky items, and the six foot poles leave just enough space below the ceiling to comfortably fit a carboy or bucket without feeling like I'm wasting vertical space.

I'd love to say I built a custom setup out of driftwood and railroad ties with a perfect-sized individual shelf for each piece of equipment, but, heck, making five gallons of beer is handiwork enough for this keyboard jockey.

Latest posts

Back