Steve from Pinckney, MI

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azsixshooter

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a CNC machinist here in Michigan & just turned 40 last weekend. I love being outdoors hunting, hiking, shooting, camping, fishing, climbing, exploring. I'm into Korean martial arts (Hwa Rang Do) & love children & animals. I have a wonderful 3 yr old daughter & we enjoy swimming, boating, geocaching, playing & making arts & crafts together.

I took my daughter to Spicer's Orchards in Fenton, MI this week & bought a growler of their Sweet William's Original hard cider after reading about it in a local magazine called "The Great Divide". I also got a couple of extra gallons of fresh cider with the intent of trying my hand at some quick & dirty hard cider with really simple setup.

After reading more about making hard cider online I decided to hit a local brew store in Ann Arbor & get some basic equipment, additives, yeast, sanitizer, hydrometer, test vial, airlocks & an auto siphon.

I'm going to be pitching my yeast tonight & was looking for a forum where I could ask a question about adding sugars now to boost the alcohol content later. I'll drop a post in the cider forum for that.

After hitting the brew store I decided to up the ante & stopped by the Dexter Cider Mill for a few more gallons of fresh cider. I figured I might as well make a 5 gal batch so I'll have plenty if it turns out good!

I'm happy to find this forum & look forward to getting to know you all better as I embark on this exciting new hobby!

Slainte!

Steve

Back