Stella Artois Cidre

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna say in the commercial brews topic just below this one someone mentioned that brand...

I have had it a bunch and I find it fantastic. I will however say that I have never paid for it. A good friend of mine usually ends up with more than a few of these after a party or get together and he doesn't care for cider so he passes it on to me. Of the ciders I have tried this is the best but it Is very expensive.

Afraid I disagree...its pretty watery and lacks much flavor IMHO

I almost bought some last night after seeing it again and this topic... but again couldn't pull the gun. I went with angry orchard. It was way more sugary than I remember:(... If only strongbow wasn't as expensive as the stella ones:(

I used to love drinking angry orchard till my buddy brought over some home brew cider. Now every time I drink it I feel like Im trying to get drunk on Martinellis. I didnt get the Stella I ended up with Redds haha

I just wentto the store again but passed it up do to it being described as a bad glass of water, and noticed that my store got some Angry O Strawman. But was not willing to try it do to it being 15.99 for one bottle.

I like it. Crisp, clean, appley. Sorry, best commercial I have found besides Washington Gold.

I'll drink it at a pub if they don't have anything else worthwhile and for some reason I'm stuck there. So that's not much of an endorsement, nothing really wrong with it, but nothing wrong with Wonder Bread either...(do they still make that?)

I've had 40 different commercial ciders (mostly US), Stella is the only one I like about as much as the cider I make. In general they are too sweet and just taste like sweet apple juice, I'd rather have a beer.

I'm not suggesting you go out to buy it; many of you probably make better ciders tweaked to fit your own tastes. Stella is just the closest I've found to what I want.... Light, carbonated, semi-dry, tart, apple-tasting, no other flavors (especially not overpowering).

...And yes, I'm an untappd fanatic.

I've had it a couple times. My wife likes it. I think it lacks flavor, somewhat watery or diluted. What taste it does have is crisp and clean. It's not bad on ice.

The wifey likes it, but she'll drink a nice wine or a martini before the cidre. There's a place we go that has only beer and wine and the wine kinda sux, so she almost always gets a cidre there.

Back