STC 1000 wiring - basic electronics question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisfromAbby

Reaction score
If I have an 110v STC temperature controller, would there be any issue wiring the relays with 24VAC instead of 110V AC? I'd still leave the power supply to the controller at 110v. I want to run a furnace valve of of the controller. It's just a relay, so it shouldn't matter if the voltage is lower, should it? The other option is to write the transformer between the relay and the valve but then the transformer will be turning off and on and that seems odd to me.

If I have an 110v STC temperature controller, would there be any issue wiring the relays with 24VAC instead of 110V AC? I'd still leave the power supply to the controller at 110v. I want to run a furnace valve of of the controller. It's just a relay, so it shouldn't matter if the voltage is lower, should it? The other option is to write the transformer between the relay and the valve but then the transformer will be turning off and on and that seems odd to me.

No problem. You are correct that the outputs are just relays.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back