STC-1000 Temp Probe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butchhe

Reaction score
I have a STC-1000 hooked up to my Bev Air BM-23 and I think the kegerator is warming up to quickly. When the controller shuts the compressor off (I keep the set point set to 5 degrees Celsius), the temp rises about .1 degree every 13-15 seconds. Does this sounds like a normal rate? I'm concerned about how much/how long the compressor runs.

Up until a few weeks ago, the stock thermostat was cycling/cooling better without cycling on/off as much until it went out and started running the compressor all the time. Is there anything else I should look for or should I not worry?

Do you have the end of the probe insulated? I use my probe in my chest freezer fermentation chamber and wrap it with bubble wrap then use a bungee cord to keep it pressed to the side of the primary bucket. The temps shown on the STC-1000 seem very stable and are very close to what I see on an indoor/outdoor thermometer I also keep in the freezer.

After some more research on HBT, I see what you are referring to with the bubble wrap. I'll pick some up at the store tomorrow and give that a shot. Thanks for the assist.

Back