STC-1000 Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwoods

Reaction score
I ordered this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KVCPH2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

the description reads:

Technical Parameters:
1. Temperature measuring range: -50~99oC;
2. Resolution: 0.1°C; 3. Accuracy: ±1°C (-50~70°C);
4. Sensor error delay: 1 minute
5. Power supply: 110VAC±10%, 50/60Hz;
6. Power consumption: ≤3W;
7. Sensor: NTC sensor (1PC);
8. Relay contact capacity: Cool 10A/250VAC;Heat 10A/250VAC;
9. Ambient temperature: 0~60°C;
10.Storage temperature: -30~75°C;
11.Relative humidity: 20%~85% (No condensate).

The input is supposed to be 110v (the product # sticker on the box reads elitech 110v "blah blah blah".) The one i received is reading (on the sticker and in the instructions) the input is 220v. The sticker in the pictures reads 110v so thats what has me wondering. Is there something i messed up or misread to make me think that the input would be 110v? Is there just a standard sticker that they put on all of them? Can i still power it with 110v? I contacted Amazon and they were no help with helping me with this issue. So I've turned to the vast knowledge of homebrewtalk.

I know there are ways to convert by opening them up but i don't want to do that. If this doesn't work I'll just return it for one that will but i don't want to have to deal with it if this one will work.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
looking at the sticker on bottom. the power input is on the left side. if it says 220v then its a 220 unit. the relays off the to right for heat/cool will always say 10a@220v because that is there max. because you could still relay 220 through it even if its a 110V unit. so if the input on the left side says 220v then you have a 220.

EDIT: and no, you cannot power it with 110 if its designed for 220v

I would put 110 on it and see if it works, wont hurt it if is is a 220v model, it just wont come on.

thank you I'll try running power to it and see if it comes on. thank you for the quick reply's and helpful tips.

Back