STC-1000 help, please....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jg21jon

Reaction score
I hope this is the correct place to post this, I recently turned a Haier mini fridge into a kegerator and soon after it started to freeze my kegs at the lowest setting. I have done alot of reading and research and realized that the STC-1000 would probably be the best solution for this. After all my readings I still have not found a write up on how to directly wire the STC in place of the onboard thermostat/power switch. After hours of tinkering I have installed the unit and am getting power, but the compressor will not kick on at the set temp. It makes a sound as it wants to start, but nothing...... Any advice and or help would be much appreciated for this homebrew newb.
Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

What is your compressor delay time set at? That would be f3. Is it possible you just aren't waiting long enough for the delay to kick in?

That's the only thing I can think of, as I have no idea how you wired it directly. Mine is wired into a box with an outlet, but I'd like to eventually wire it directly.

I hope others chime in, I'm curious myself.

The compressor delay was set at 3 minutes and after the 2nd time it did not start up I changed it to 1 min to make sure that wasn't the problem. When I removed the original analog thermostat it had three wires connected to it, black(power), white(neutral) and green(ground) .... black and white are an assumption, green is definite ground. So I connected black to terminal 1 and jumped to 7 and connected white to terminal 2 and 8, reconnected the ground wire to a metal piece on the bracket/case that held the old thermostat.

Read that link and I don't see how it is wired directly to the old thermostat as I have done, more of an intermediate between the power cord and the fridge. At least that's what I understood from the diagram.

Back