STC-1000 EE error. HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewCrewKevin

Reaction score
So I have my STC-1000 hard-wired into a chest freezer. As soon as I plug it in, I'm getting an alarm and displays "EE". The instructions say that means short circuit or open circuit, but the english is very broken.

So I believe I have it wired correctly. The black coming from the plug is split in 2, goes to the STC in ports 1 and 7. The white goes to port 2 and also to the compressor. Port 8 goes to the black wire on the compressor. Probe is obviously in 3 and 4. So in other words, incoming power goes to 1 and 2. Neutral also goes straight to the compressor, but the hot goes into port 7 and out port 8 to the compressor.

Does anybody have one of these wired to a chest freezer? I'm afraid maybe I need a relay, because it's only rated at 10A? Although I've heard that it should work fine with a chest freezer.

This error is about probe wiring. Check if it got disconnected during an installation or may be you damaged probe's wire.
If you have a multi-meter try to disconnect probe from controller and measure resistance. It should be around 12KOmh

This error is about probe wiring. Check if it got disconnected during an installation or may be you damaged probe's wire.
If you have a multi-meter try to disconnect probe from controller and measure resistance. It should be around 12KOmh

Disconnect the temp sensor? That should be 12K ohms?

Your sensor is OK. Try to wire it back. If you'll have same error again - most likely the controller is broken.

Hi BrewCrewKevin and other chaps,

I had the same issue.
I think your wiring is wrong.

Mine is the following and works perfect:

Port 1 = Live from the plug
Port 2 = Neutral from the plug
Port 3-4 = Sensor
Port 5 = Live to your heating device
Port 6 = Live from the plug
Port 7 = Live to your cooling device
Port 8 = Live from the plug

So, essentially the mistake you made is on
Port 6 and 8
===> It must be wire to the Live from the plug
1,6,8 go to the Live on the wall

I have 2 different STC´s.
And the wiring is different on both.
On my other STC, the wiring is 1,5,7 to the Live on the wall.

Sorry for my late reply.
Didn´t see that post before.

Hope it could help.

Cheers !

Back