Stay tuned for; "Brewery Ventilation Hood: As dirtbag as they get..." Or, "Mad Max pl

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingobitme

Reaction score
In the middle of my brewery build (will show that off later), but got the hood done and was all excited to show it off... Personally, I think it's the perfect use for a metal scrap yard keg so dented it would not roll more than a foot if you kicked it...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405394975.719104.jpg

After cutting it apart, I cut out the top, and welded the two back together... A couple of 4" holes, some 4-6" adapters and it"s close. It is gonna go here, matched up to a 600 cfm 6" inline. I'll post a few more once I get it hung up.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405395114.291489.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I like it. I may do something similar with an aluminum keg I have laying around. I was going to make a urinal out of it but I have no place to put it. I do have a need for a better vent hood and this might fit the bill! Thanks!

I like it. I may do something similar with an aluminum keg I have laying around. I was going to make a urinal out of it but I have no place to put it. I do have a need for a better vent hood and this might fit the bill! Thanks!

I wish mine had been aluminum! I went through about 10 4 1/2 inch cut off wheels to do this. Maybe I should just buy a plasma cutter?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You're a man. The world is your urinal.... :p

You'll have to excuse me. I'm on the back end of taste-testing a Belgian saison and an English mild that have been bottle conditioning, and they seem to be reinforcing one another. And of course, I wouldn't presume to render judgment based on just one bottle of each...

Dunno why you need the hood; you already have the missing window pane. :D

I was wondering who would get that... And who would say that... Get outah mah hed Troy...

Still looking for a replacement... I have a strict "nothing new" policy for the build! Almost nothing anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back