Starting a Brewery Tour service

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ishraider

Reaction score
Hey HBT users,

I am interested in starting a brewery tour service for my area. I have been having trouble finding information on how to do this. As for what kind of business license is needed, insurance, all the type of need to know stuff. Anybody here own a similar business, or know where I should look for this information? Any help is appreciated as there are now about to be 7 breweries in my small county and want to take advantage of the opportunity.

Thanks for any and all help!

The regulations are going to depend on where you are. Many cities have regulations about taxi and limousine services, while rural areas may or may not. Ride sharing services such as Uber and Lyft are operating in many areas without getting a taxi license.
First thing I would check is your state DMV webpage, they probably have a FAQ on vehicles for hire regulations. If you are using your vehicle for commercial purposes, checking with your insurance company is a good move. I wouldn't limit yourself to brewery tours; if there are winery or cider operators you could mix that in and rides to the airport or sports events or concerts is a needed service in many areas.

Also, why worry about becoming a taxi service when you want to organize brewery tours? Contract with a local taxi or limousine service that's already operating that way you don't have to learn the ins and outs of that business just to do the business that you want to do. You get a discount on price and they get a regular, dependable client.

Back