Started my pipeline for spring...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usfmikeb

Reaction score
...with a wheat that will get raspberries in two weeks. First brew of the year!

We're gunna get a couple batches going here pretty soon. It's about that time to git-r-done for spring. Not like we had much of a winter anyway...

I'm doing a hibiscus kolsch and a regular kolsch. It should be ready by early March.

What do you use for your hibiscus? Syrup, flowers? I'm thinking of doing a hibiscus (sorrel) & ginger shandy

I currently have a california lager fermenting. I am planning on doing a czech pilsner and a strawberry blonde ale. This will be my first time trying to fruit my beer, so we'll see how it goes.

ajbram said:
What do you use for your hibiscus? Syrup, flowers? I'm thinking of doing a hibiscus (sorrel) & ginger shandy

Ginger shandy sounds interesting...

I brewed my first 100% wheat hefe Saturday as my first brew of the year.

Probably knock off until the end of February, then hit it hard.

Ginger shandy sounds interesting...

This one is on deck for the weekend of the 28th depending if I can put together a solid recipe in time. I have a friend coming up for the weekend who wants to get into brewing. Plan is to make a simple pretty dry, clean, somewhat bitter blonde ale and hit it with some ginger and sorrel in secondary, then sorrel syrup as the priming sugar at bottling. I will keep everyone posted once its in the works.

If I can't get a recipe together that I'm happy with, then I'll brew my blackstrap molasses porter again. I'm all out of that at the moment and it was too good not to have on hand. Right now I have a 1.071 IPA in the primary.

Latest posts

Back