Stanimal in the house!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanlimal

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am Stanimal. I been brewing the beer for about a year. I did 2 batches about 2 decades ago, but just got back into it. I did several 1 gallon extract batches. 1 half extract batch but I didn’t get as much as I could get because I treated my malted grain like a specialty grain, I did know about laundering and so forth, and it was just ok. I am fermenting my first 5 gallon all grain right now. I did BIAB. It was fun. I grew all my own hops. I didn’t mark them so I don’t remember what I have, or what I used.

I did know about laundering and so forth, and it was just ok.

is that what they call it in sleepy hollow? it works but, kinda 'unorthodox' round here! ;) honestly, being i have no idea what sparging translates to, makes more sense at the moment!

as far as the hops, chew a cone of them before brew day, and play it cool with them!

Welcome! :mug:

Chewing a cone won't work for a while. I had the Rona around mothers day and I can't even smell my hops let alone taste them. Beer is gross right now. All alcohol taste like chemicals for me. It's weird. Eggs and bacon taste like eggs and bacon. A hazy IPA taste like a can of burning plastic

It's weird. Eggs and bacon taste like eggs and bacon. A hazy IPA taste like a can of burning plastic
Ouch. My personal idea of hell. At least you still have bacon... but... no beer taste. I hope that comes back!

Welcome (back) to the hobby!
Also, Stanimal... i bet there's a great story about that name!

Back