Stainless steel bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkncode

Reaction score
A while ago I brought one of these stainless bottle fillers through aliexpress.com and I'm pretty happy with it. I did take me about a year to get to use it as it arrived as i started kegging but when I used it for my belgium tripel it worked well.

I had plastic ones drop their friction fit end in bottles etc but this is nice and all screws together. Non spring loaded ones that drip and spring loaded ones that push the end off

The only downside is it its not a push fit onto my fermentor tap so I had to heat and stretch some tube over the tap and use a hose clamp then push the filler barb in.

The barb screws into the top of the filler do I could probably swap that if it annoys me but it did work nicely and comes apart easially for cleaning yet can't fall apart as its threaded.

A little bit of clear tube adapting it to the tap actually lets you keep an eye on unwanted stuff getting sucked up etc.

I feel happier with stainless than plastic sanitisation wise.

4905817091145614707.jpg

This is quite informative experience and thanks for the link, am also using stainless steel water bottle because drinking water in stainless steel always healthier than drinking in plastic bottles.

Not to de-rail, but I can’t say that I ever thought to shove my bottling wand directly into the spigot of my bottling bucket. I always used a 6ft length of tubing to extend it out and give some freedom of movement. TIL!

Not to de-rail, but I can’t say that I ever thought to shove my bottling wand directly into the spigot of my bottling bucket. I always used a 6ft length of tubing to extend it out and give some freedom of movement. TIL!
The coopers fermenter kit i started with was setup to take the wand directly. Works ok apart from tilting to get the rest out. The main difference is you have to hold the bottle while it fills.

For me due to my current setup and bad knee i prefer to sit on a chair and hold bottles rather than sit bottles on the floor and bring the wand to them. My bottling bucket doesn't sit high enough for anything else at the moment. If i organise another shelf i guess the wand on a tube is a bit less work than holding bottles but i mostly keg so havent bothered fine tuning my bottling setup much.

Has anyone continued to use one of these? I noticed there is a decent selection offered on Amazon, but they all seem to expand to 1/2" diameter past the initial barb connection. I'm guessing this is to make the filler tip/spring easier to work with. Seems to me this is going to increase the headspace in smaller bottles significantly over the standard 3/8" plastic wand, is there a way to compensate for this?

Latest posts

Back