• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rhode Island Stainless Single Tier Brewtus HERMS stand/panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLR

Reaction score
Looking to modify my setup for electric brewing. I'll no longer be needing my single tier HERMS stand I build a couple of years ago.

Stand is 1.5" stainless box tubing, and includes everything you see in the photos on the stand, along with the control panel. As it's setup now there is a BG-14 boil burner which is 100% manually controlled and connected directly to the gas beam, this burner runs on the high pressure side so can put out a ton of heat.

Also, there is another BG-14 setup for the HLT, this is connected to a honeywell valve which triggers the burner on/off to keep the temp in the HLT. This runs on low pressure and has the appropriate orfice.

There is actually a extra 1/2 npt "port" on the gas beam if someone wanted to add another burner and set it up for RIMS. Burner height can be adjusted via the holes in the mounting brackets. I never got around to welding on "spacers" to let the kettle breathe and was actually using some leftover 1" steel blocks to put the kettles on while using. If I were keeping the stand I'd probably have some welded on.

Control Panel - This is setup with two auber SYL-2362 PID controllers, left one simply monitors mash tun temp, right one controles HTL temp and fires burner. There is a 3-position switch which either is manual/off/auto for the HLT burner. Also, there are two switches that I used to control two march pumps. I'll include the npt temp sensors for the HLT and mash tun.

Everything works great, I actually only have 3 brews on the stand since new. The control panel was just kind of thrown together and isn't super fancy, but does the job. There is a small crack in the face of the control panel as well it's missing a few screws.

$1000 OBO, prefer not to ship. Questions, additional photos, let me know.

Rest of photos:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7spqdHeYcFZVVZKUFdHN212SmM&usp=sharing

IMG_3092.jpg

IMG_3085.jpg

Interested in selling just the controller/associated parts separately? If so how much shipped?

Interested in selling just the controller/associated parts separately? If so how much shipped?

Possibly, id rather sell it all together but if there is any interest for just the stand I might split it up. Probably, $200 + shipping (guessing not more than $20) for the control panel + 2 temp probes and 800 OBO for stand.

Not interested in parting out the stand itself, I'll keep you posted.

Back