St arnolds dv 12

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidy97

Reaction score
Anyone tried dv 12 that came out today? I had one and thought it had a strong alcohol taste. Not quite sure what to think. Maybe a few years of aging will mellow it out.

I bought 2 six packs to drink and 2 bombers to age. I've only had one so far. I agree that it could use some time to mellow out a bit, but I enjoyed it and didn't find an overbearing alcohol taste. At least not more so than I'd expect from a 10% ABV beer.

I plan to try one tonight when i get off of work. I plan to age most of them and see if it does get better. The owner said it'll help the beer if it has been aged for a year, they already aged it for 2 months in their tanks. It'll be fun to see how this beer ages

I bought some DR 9 and 10 back in the day because it was all the rage here in Houston. I didn't really care for them for the same reason. Not very drinkable IMO. So I still have a sixpack of each sitting in the fridge. Every once in a while we'll have some guests over and they'll fall over when they see them in the beer fridge. I tell them to drink away.

Back