SSR size help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd like to read how they set up their "test". That paragraph doesn't even mention what type of anodizing they tested. II, III....? And they didn't get the Chinese-English translation correct in a few spots :^)

you should have said the benifits of anodization while NOT using fans. The article says its a 4% increase in cooling while using fans and only benifits small open finned heatsinks without fans.

I guess the fact that I use a fan makes it a moot point in my case... Honestly the new panel I built uses the cheapest $2 bare aluminum ones I could find and Ive had no problems...(also use a 12v fan blowing through both heatsinks including the one with a dual 40a ssr mounted to it)

One other difference between knockoff SSRs and real ones is the low end voltage requirement. None of the FOTEK SSRs I have will work with 3.3v Raspberry Pi GPIO, even though they say "3-XX volts input". Auber SSRs work fine down that low.

I use an ardiuno to switch a fotek but I fed it 12v power and let the internal regulator steps it down to 5v instead of the 3.3v it would output if I just powered it from a usb.

Back