SsBrewtech Racking Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cod3ck

Reaction score
I bought the standard 14g Chronically a while back before the BME editions came out.

I'm tempted to add the racking arm (link for reference: https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/accessories/products/miniballvalvewnewrackingarm), but figured I'd check with everyone on thoughts for the real advantage of this, especially when the fermenter I have already has the other valve for kegging all the beer off...

Does the mini valve provide less risk of contamination or something?

It'd be really cool to monitor the gravity and taste of the beer as it ferments...

Any feedback is super helpful!

Cheers! [emoji482]

Edit:
When I refer to "racking arm" I'm referencing the sampling port. [emoji13]

I've also got the standard chronical and pull samples from the regular racking valve. I don't see the benefit of the port. I have added the coils though.

I've also got the standard chronical and pull samples from the regular racking valve. I don't see the benefit of the port. I have added the coils though.

Added the coils onto the side? Because of the weldless connection, do you have to take these off for sanitation on each beer or can you sanitize in place?

Added the coils onto the side? Because of the weldless connection, do you have to take these off for sanitation on each beer or can you sanitize in place?

I've never pulled them out. I've been cleaning in place for 2 years. I even ferment with Brett. I have not had any issues.

Once I Year I'll fill the whole thing with hot PBW and soak it for a day.

I wouldn't bother with the sample port. You can pull a sample off the racking arm. Why punch another hole in it? Those valves are kinda wonky in my opinion. I had them on old brew buckets and sold them all to get another conical.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497800958.599757.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497800982.990982.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1497801001.617917.jpg

@Dcpcooks -- love the double coil idea! I was looking into getting a custom 50' x 3/8" coil and connecting it via weldless compression fittings. Any thoughts on sanitation issues with this?

Just pulled the trigger on tasting from the kegging rack arm with an English Mild I dropped into secondary...

Unless an unexpected off flavor pops up, I'm going to skip the sample port and get a CIP cooling coil installed!

Latest posts

Back