SS Brewtech Brewmaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDe680

Reaction score
Has anyone ordered the brewmaster edition? Thoughts?

I am considering 1/2 bbl and I would like to have it jacketed w/ temp control, but I am back and forth between the brewmaster edition and the Chronical.

All in, its $965 for the Chronical vs. $1,059 for the Brewmaster.

I am mostly curious as to those that have experience with both and your thoughts. Thanks.

I will be grabbing a brewmaster 7 gallon this spring. I feel that going with the TC butterfly vs threaded ball valves and the included jacket with cooling coils and several other upgrades is enough of an advantage to go with the higher end model.

I got the 7gal Brewmaster Chronical for Christmas, and it's amazing. The coil does a great job at keeping temps and dropping yeast out of suspension during cold crashing. The butterfly clips are also great for transfers, but can get clogged if the yeast cake is on the dense side (in my 2 uses).

I got the 7gal Brewmaster Chronical for Christmas, and it's amazing. The coil does a great job at keeping temps and dropping yeast out of suspension during cold crashing. The butterfly clips are also awesome for transfers, but can get clogged if the yeast cake is on the dense side (in my 2 uses).

Do you have any complaints or objections to it?

My home brew club has the 14 gal Cronical and it's nice for the money, but do to it's light weight construction it can't hold enough pressure to naturally carbonate. If I were going to buy one of these I would go with the Brewmaster. The larger dump valve is necessary to actually get the yeast out and the chiller coil is very nice. Why are your prices so high? They are way cheaper on SS Brewtechs web site.

My home brew club has the 14 gal Cronical and it's nice for the money, but do to it's light weight construction it can't hold enough pressure to naturally carbonate. If I were going to buy one of these I would go with the Brewmaster. The larger dump valve is necessary to actually get the yeast out and the chiller coil is very nice. Why are your prices so high? They are way cheaper on SS Brewtechs web site.

I'm looking at the 1/2 bbl jacketed and temp control.

Are you saying you like the valve on the non-brewmaster better?

Back